Darkness on a Lonely Stretch of Road
by Mary Genevieve Fortier
Walking this lonely stretch of road was never easy.
The darkness, an endless abyss that led seemingly nowhere.
The mind numbing silence, ever broken by no more than the drumming of unseen winds, ‘gainst a face drenched in sweat.
My pace, quickening under the duress of the added weight; a change in tempo, mingling with the occasional labored exhalation.
A few feet more and I will dispose of this blood laden purchase.
A moan, emanates from within the cloth bag, shredded now from the trek.
They always awaken…
forcing me to slit their throat, before pitching them off the cliff.
Find out more about Mary Genevieve Fortier:
The Wicked Library 307- http://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HpYf0Sv4
The Wicked Library 307 Bonus http://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HCkVBt94
The Wicked Library Christmassacre 2 http://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HwkmTbw4
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015