Usually when a horror film actor is near the beach it means a creature is lurking underneath the water. It was a different situation for Brandon Stumpf whose films include D.I.D., Suicide Girls Must Die, BEG and The Witching Hour.
Stumpf, along with his wife and two young daughters, became animated cartoon characters for the cartoon short The Stumpf Family Goes to the Beach.
The film, which pays homage to the Popeye theatrical cartoons of the 1950’s, depicts Stumpf as a horrified father chasing after his daughter when she wanders off without her life jacket. The family provided their voices for the film which features an appearance by horror film actor Cuyle Carvin. Carvin’s film work includes Assault of the Sasquatch, Terminal Legacy Alien Opponent and Fog Warning.
Here’s the short cartoon (2 minutes) in its entirety. Not really horror, but a nice message about water safety from a horror actor and his family. We thought it would be a nice change up:
The Stumpf Family Goes to the Beach was animated by ARG animation and written by Fred M. Grandinetti. It airs on the award winning cable access series Drawing With Fred.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013