On Saturday, October 8 The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles “digs up the dirt” on Hollywood’s history through a walking tour of Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Visit the grave sites of early Hollywood pioneers, stars and movie moguls. Guided walking tours will depart from the fountain inside the main gate of 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard every 20 minutes, between 10 a.m. until 12 noon. Cost of the 2-1/2-hour walking tour is $20 per person. Comfortable walking shoes, water and sunscreen are recommended.
Visitors will hear the stories of the legendary people who mapped Hollywood, including Col. Griffith J. Griffith, Hollywood founder Harvey Wilcox, as well as stars and movie moguls who put Hollywood on the map-Rudolph Valentino, Tyrone Power, Marion Davies, Carl “Alfalfa” Switzer, Fay Wray, Cecil B. Demille and many more.
For more information about post-mortem stargazing, visit the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles or call them at 310-659-3326. Tickets available on Brown Paper Tickets. Tickets also available at the door. Tickets are $20.
The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles is a 501(c)(3) educational organization dedicated to the awareness of Art Deco as a major influence in the twentieth century and beyond.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013