Mosiman is a thriller, suspense, and horror novelist, a short fiction writer, and a lover of words. Her books have been published since 1984 and two of them received an Edgar Award Nomination for best novel and a Bram Stoker Award Nomination for most superior novel. She’s been a regular contributor to a myriad of anthologies and magazines, with more than 150 short stories published. Her work has appeared in The Horror Show Magazine and Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine. She has one collection of short stories called Dark Matter in hardcover and several e-book collections.
Description: Three tales of the strange and macabre from Bram Stoker nominated author Billie Sue Mosiman.
Carnival Freak – it’s an earlier time when carnivals offered a freak show. The first show features the expected oddities like the Lizard Man and the Fat Lady, but five patrons stay for the special attraction that comes afterward. They’re going to see the Freak of Freaks. They see something that could make grown men run away in fear. One of the least frightened patrons learns something about herself she doesn’t know – a secret always kept hidden.
A Rip In Time – A strong woman living in the steampunk world of the wild west is given a clockworks box that talks. It draws shape shifters to it. If only she could figure out what the little box is trying to tell her, even life locked up as an innocent in jail might be sustainable. Until … a conjured child from the Magick box predicts a rip in time.
Frankenstein: Return From The Wasteland – This novelette continues the masterpiece of Mary Shelley, resurrecting Robert Walton who is intent on finding the monster in the snowy wilds of the north. His trip is perilous, his party may slip away and leave him in the night. His obsession drives him on across the icy glaciers to find the monster despite all odds. He may wish he hadn’t been so persistent.
You can pick up the Kindle edition for $2.99 here: High Strangeness
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013