In her new horror novel The Full Moon Slayer (published by AuthorHouse), author Michel Vamrell mines familiar thriller tropes for new action in a tale of classical werewolves in a small Indiana town in the opening volume of her Alice’s Trilogy of Horror.
Alice Blake and her family moved to a quiet little town – or so they thought. What Alice doesn’t know is that her life is going to change forever. There are unexplained deaths in the surrounding area of Oblong, Ind. She will find herself in the middle of bloodshed and despair.
“I was inspired by my re-occurring nightmares of werewolves,” Vamrell writes. Also, despite the heavy presence of werewolves in popular narratives such as the Twilight books and the Underworld movies, she wanted to return to a more classic presentation. “I wanted to bring back the European werewolf.”
Vamrell knows that her book is accessible to readers. Not only is the topic of werewolves enduring, but she has structured the book to entice readers. “It is set in present day,” she says. “Also, the werewolves are untamed like today’s economy.”
About the Author: Michel Vamrell grew up in a small southern Illinois town, where the countryside was filled with never-ending cornfields. Her childhood was spent in a hospital and at home watching horror movies. When she reached middle school, Vamrell was cast out and left to drift from one group to another. As an adult, she joined the military in 2002, and married in 2006. She and her husband left her small town in 2009 and moved to Macomb, Ill. In Macomb is where she worked on her books and on her master’s degree in the liberal arts.
AuthorHouse, an Author Solutions, Inc. self-publishing imprint, is a leading provider of book publishing, marketing, and bookselling services for authors around the globe and offers the industry’s only suite of Hollywood book-to-film services. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service, AuthorHouse assigns each author personal publishing and marketing consultants who provide guidance throughout the process. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, AuthorHouse celebrated 15 years of service to authors in Sept. 2011.
You can pick up the paperback on Amazon here: The Full Moon Slayer
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013