Hellfire Publishing, which uses a print on demand/e-book model and is scheduled to launch on December 31, 2010, is seeking horror and erotica material. Works shorter than 60,000 words will most likely go directly to e-book sales. Works longer than 60,000 words will be first published as an e-book and three months later be made available in a print edition.
“We are interested any genre of well-written horror,” says editor, Dawn Binkley. “We will accept paranormal with horror elements, only. Romance elements are acceptable as long as they are not the front burner story. If you’re writing the next Twilight, this may not be the place for you.”
Submissions: Submissions may be made by e-mail. The first page should contain all your contact information, exact genre, how many words the completed manuscript is. Also, mention if it’s a simultaneous submission and include a website, or blog or Facebook address. Include:
- A query introducing yourself, your story plot, and any accomplishments.
- A synopses at least two pages, single-spaced.
- The first three chapters, including the prologue, if there is one, the last chapter and an epilogue, if there is one. If they ask to see your entire manuscript, they can accept any size manuscript from 10,000 words up to 100,000.
Submissions should be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Their contract is for three years. It requires full rights (digital and print) and is negotiable. According to their website, they pay royalties of 40% of the cover price and 35% of the cover price on single-author e-books sold through third-party vendors. They also pay 35% of the cover price on single-author print books.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013