ChiZine Publications (CZP) has announced that Helen Marshall, who has served as a managing editor for the last three years, is stepping down.
Under Marshall, ChiZine Publications grew from producing print-on-demand books to an internationally acclaimed press with distribution around the world. She edited nine titles as well as co-founding the Aurora Award-nominated Chiaroscuro Reading Series and the Aurora Award-winning Toronto SpecFic Colloquium, both sponsored by CZP. Her short story collection Hair Side, Flesh Side will published by ChiZine Publications in November 2012.
“It has been my tremendous privilege to be part of a company devoted to fostering new voices, energetically tackling the challenges of the new publishing landscape, building a vibrant Canadian literary community, and raising the bar for small presses everywhere,” Marshall says.
An Aurora Award winner for poetry, she will spend the next year finishing her PhD in medieval literature as well as promoting Hair Side, Flesh Side and Skeleton Leaves, a volume of poetry published by Kelp Queen Press.
“Helen has been a tremendous asset to CZP. We would not be where we are without her hard work, leadership and guidance. Happily, we’re still working together in an author/publisher relationship, so she still remains a big part of the ChiZine family,” says Co-Publisher Sandra Kasturi.
Helen’s duties as managing editor will be taken over by Samantha Beiko, who will be playing a greater role in the company.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013