These are strange times. The economy is stumbling and looking like it might take a leap off a ledge. The publishing industry is going through a technological transition that will eventually change the way we access and read printed matter. The unfolding social media structure is making communication to strangers easier than ever and making it more difficult than ever to talk to people face to face.
It’s all scary.
As the unknown often is.
But this is a time to be grateful for all the good things in our lives. We’re fortunate to live in a country where we can create our own lives, even in the tough times. We’re fortunate that people are still reading and that accessing books is easier than ever. We’re fortunate that we have more ways of keeping in touch with those we love than we’ve had before.
Take this day to be grateful for the little things in your life, for your family, the food in your stomach, the morning sunrise, the unlimited possibilities that today and tomorrow and the day after might bring.
Thank you for all the time you spend on this site. I hope you feel it’s time well spent. I hope we’re entertaining you, informing you, and making the genre ever more accessible for you. And I hope you won’t hesitate to drop us a note and let us know how we do an even better job.
Thank you for your loyalty to Hellnotes.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013