The past two years we’ve partnered up with several other web sites in October to present what we’ve called the Halloween Book Review Project. The idea was originally proposed by Dylan At Monster Librarian. This year Monster Librarian, Horrorworld, Horror-Web, Hellnotes, FearZone HorrorDrive-In, and Dark Scribe Magazine will be offering up reviews of horror titles, many set on or around Halloween. The reviews will be posted throughout the month, however, there are some already up and ready for reading.
To get started, you’re invited to read our the Hellnotes review of The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan. The review is by the wonderfully insightful Sheila Merritt. Below the review, you’ll find links to the other participants in the project. Not all the links are active yet, but we’ll make sure they’re updated as soon as we receive the URLs.
It’s all happening here: Halloween Book Review Project
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009