Universal is developing the horror tale Mama, a debut project from a pair of young filmmakers, and in negotiations to produce the film and mentor the filmmakers is one Guillermo del Toro.
Andy and Barbara Muschietti are writing the English-language script based on their acclaimed Spanish-language short Mama, with Andy directing and Barbara producing. If he climbs aboard, Del Toro would hands-on with the pic in a manner not dissimilar to his work with Juan Antonio Bayona on his The Orphanage.
The Muschietti siblings — Andy has made a name for himself as a commercials director while Barbara runs the pair’s Madrid-based production company Toma Films — created a stir with their short at a number of European festivals.
For the rest of the story visit: Risky Business Blog
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009