Gregory Blair is not a man to rest. With his psychological thriller DEADLY REVISIONS signed by SGL Entertainment for North American distribution, Blair is ready to get started on his next project. This time, he’s adding comedy into the mix with a story about a gathering that goes awry when an unexpected guest arrives. With a pickaxe. And an attitude.
“I wanted to do something totally different from DEADLY REVISIONS”, Blair said. “That film is a brooding, moody, slow-burn mystery and I wanted to do something kinetic, wild and crazy. I had this idea and it made me laugh, so I started writing it out. I had a reading with some actor and writer friends when it was about half done and they all loved it. So I finished it and I’m ready to bring it to life. I even want to be in it!”
GARDEN PARTY MASSACRE is a fast-paced, hilarious romp in the vein of Shaun of the Dead and Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. A longtime fan of horror comedy, Blair was eager to make his own contribution. “I think horror easily lends itself to comedy because the emotions are so high and the situations are often outrageous. I love films that successfully walk that line between horror and comedy, whether it’s witty and referential like the Scream or giddy low camp like Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.”
GARDEN PARTY MASSACRE is set to begin pre-production early next year through Blair’s production company, PIX/SEE Productions. Having snagged the L.A. Movie Award for “Best Narrative Feature” as well as the Claw Award for “Best Feature Film Screenplay” (both for DEADLY REVISIONS), Blair has proven himself a writer who knows how to tell a good tale. And GARDEN PARTY MASSACRE looks to be another winner.
- Aliens: Dead Orbit #1 – Comic Review - April 12, 2017
- April Journalstone Newsletter - April 10, 2017
- Sadako vs Kayako – Movie Review - January 26, 2017
- The Demolisher – Movie Review - January 23, 2017
- November JournalStone Newsletter - November 4, 2016
- Enter to Win Tickets to See ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ — Back in Theatres for Two Days Only! - October 25, 2016
- Help Celebrate the Release of ‘Freaks Anon’ – Enter to Win a Signed Copy! - October 10, 2016
- October JournalStone Newsletter - October 5, 2016
- Enter to Win a copy of ‘The Devil’s Work’! - September 29, 2016
- September JournalStone Newsletter - September 5, 2016