Graveside Tales will be publishing two stories online in a series of installments. The first is Plague by Bret Jordan. Synopsis: Renier is a port city that stands as a glorious gem on the edge of the kingdom. The people are justly ruled by their beloved Duke with the assistance of a benevolent wizard and a self-involved priest. Within twenty-four hours everything changes as a small group of strange lepers enter the port and cause a mysterious and deadly illness to rage through the city, killing most of the residents. Violent illness and gruesome death isn’t the end of the horror for the residents of Renier. Not by a long shot, as thousands of dead bodies rise from the cobblestone streets in search of living prey. Sword and sorcery battle against an unstoppable hunger as the few living residents try and escape the walls of an undead nightmare.
You can read along with the installments here: Plague
The second story is Jennings Grove by Jeff Parish. Synopsis: When Vernon Hamilton loses his job and prospects for employment in Houston dry up, he moves his family to a small community in far north Texas. As the sun sets, they discover just how dark the country can get away from big city lights, and they learn the darkness of Jennings Grove isn’t like other places. It’s alive, and it hungers. Can Vernon save his family from the night in his new home? Can he even save himself?
You can read along with the installments here: Jennings Grove
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009