Coming in the August of 2009 from Apex Publishing, Taste Of Tenderloin gives fantasy, science fiction, and horror a home in the city streets.
Eight stories of dark science fiction and fantasy weave a path through the underbelly of San Francisco’s most notorious district in Taste Of Tenderloin by Gene O’Neill. Best known for his strong sense of place and uniquely vibrant characters, O’Neill brings the gritty underside of the city to life with eight interwoven stories of broken lives, missed dreams, and all that can go wrong with both reality and fantasy among the down and out. The city itself opens wide to swallow all comers with the temptation of its secrets and sins, while O’Neill brings dignity and humanity to a set of characters often overlooked in both society and fiction.
Gene O’Neill has seen over 100 of his stories published, perhaps most notably in the Twilight Zone Magazine, The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Science Fiction Age, Cemetery Dance, and various anthologies. Many of his past stories have garnered Nebula and Stoker award recommendations, including “Balance,” a Stoker finalist in 2007, included in this collection.
Pre-orders will be available soon, watch the Apex website for details.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009