To celebrate his twentieth anniversary in horror publishing – and the upcoming launch of the sixth volume of The Goreletter this Halloween – four-time Bram Stoker Award winning author Michael A. Arnzen is offering up an extended and improved version of his hard-to-find ebook, Sportuary, to all comers, absolutely free.
Sportuary is a 54 page collection of twisted horror treatments of sporting events and pastime games, featuring surreal original art by Marcia Borell. The free ebook features a handful of new poems and restored art that was deformed in the ebook’s first edition back in 2003. In his review for Dark Krypt magazine, author Tim Curran writes:
“Employing haiku and free verse, Arnzen plumbs the depths of his aberrant, wonderful imagination and offers biting, metaphorical commentary on the shadowy side of athletics: swimmers mesmerized by hungry undertows and ping pong played with staring human eyes, referees getting their gruesome reward and badminton as played by lunatics. These poems are good. Not only are they good, they’re great and if you think they’re fun to read, try reading them out loud with a friend.”
Ready to enter Arnzen’s Pentagramatholon of Pain? To get your free copy, all you need to do is subscribe (free) to Arnzen’s Bram Stoker Award-winning newsletter, The Goreletter. (Already subscribe? Just enter your e-mail in the subscription field and you’ll get instructions to download your ebook).
Sign up and grab your free copy at: The Goreletter
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013