Pill Hill Press is actively seeking short fiction, approximately 1k-7k words with strong female characters for a new female vampire anthology titled Fem-Fangs. Compiled & edited by Ty Schwamberger & Jessy Marie Roberts, the anthology is open all aspects of the vampire lore, including horror/dark, glamorous, tormented/brooding, romantic, etc. While erotic content is acceptable, the sexual content should be integral to the plot and/or character development (not sex for the sake of sex alone).
While the traditional aspects of vampirism are interesting and fun, try to make your character(s) and/or setting (can be past, present or future) unique. Try and make a new twist to the classic vampire tale.
The Submission Period is Open Until Filled. Expected response time is under 60 days, but most likely sooner (please query if you have not received a response within 60 days). Due to the volume of submissions, they will be unable to give personal criticism.
Stories should be approximately 1,000-7,000 words. Please include a short, 2-4 sentence biography, written in the third person, after your story.
Reprints will be considered if the story was published online only. They will not accept “printed” reprints or stories that were featured in a printed medium. Please let the editors know where the story was originally published if that’s the case.
No simultaneous submissions. No multiple submissions (you may submit a different story if your submission is rejected). Only one story per author will be accepted.
Editor’s Favorites (reprints not considered): authors of the editor’s top 3 favorite stories will receive the following payment:
- 1st Place – $50.00 + 1 contributor’s copy of the book
- 2nd Place – $25.00 + 1 contributor’s copy of the book
- 3rd Place – $10.00 + 1 contributor’s copy of the book
All other authors will receive exposure only (no payment, no contributor’s copy)
Email submissions (as a docx, doc, or rtf attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013