Horror author and proud resident of Austin, Texas, Gabrielle Faust, was named one of the twenty-five 2011 Texas Social Media Awards winners on March 3, 2011 by the Austin American Statesmen newspaper. Among the winners were Whole Foods, the Free Beer Movement, the Fort Worth Opera, the Abilene Convention and Visitors Bureau, Melissa Clouthier, Will Franklin, Hal Grieb, Chris Apollo Lynn, Scot Maitland, Man Up Texas BBQ, Matt McGinnis, Kristy Own, Debi Pfitzenmaier, Elizabethany Ploger, Qrank, Amanda Quraishi, Keni Skeen, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Texas State University, Texas Tribune, Doug Ulman, We Are Teachers, Kathryn Weber and Monica Williams. The Statesman received 358 public nominations from which the top twenty-five were selected.
“I am beyond honored to be among such a wide array of influential members of the Texas social media world. Social media has truly played an integral part in my personal and professional life as an author, artist and musician. Through my network, which I have worked very hard to develop and maintain, I have been able to reach an amazing international audience I might otherwise have never met. Because of social media people around the world have read my work or listened to my music and, in turn, I have been able to promote their work as well. It is a phenomenon of exceptional technological beauty!” Remarked Gabrielle Faust upon hearing the news of the award.
The Texas Social Media awards honors the top influential members of the Texas social media world who have successfully utilized their networks of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, blogs and online journals to promote themselves, their work and their interests. The 2011 awards ceremony will be held on March 10, 2011 in Austin, Texas at the new ACL Live at The Moody Theater located at 301 W. Willie Nelson Blvd. A “top winner” will be also be honored out of the twenty-five honorees during the awards ceremony.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013