The Fantastic Fiction At KGB Reading Series, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Gavin J. Grant will present a reading from the new anthology, The Best of Lady Churchill’s Wristlet this month. Featured will be Karen Russell, who’s debut collection of short stories, St. Lucy’s Home For Girls Raised By Wolves, was published by Knopf in 2006. Her fiction has recently appeared in Conjunctions, Granta, Zoetrope, Oxford American, and The New Yorker.
In addition, Jeffrey Ford will be reading. His most recent books are the Edgar-winning novel, The Girl In The Glass, and a collection, The Empire of Ice Cream. Upcoming, in 08, look for a new novel, The Shadow Year, from Morrow/Harper Collins and a new collection, The Night Whiskey.
Veronica Schanoes, who will also be reading, is a writer and scholar whose work has previously appeared on Endicott Studio, Jabberwocky, and Trunk Stories, as well as LCRW. Her poem “The Room” was recently published by Papaveria Press.
Finally, Geoffrey Goodwin works in a bookshop outside Boston, MA. He writes for Bookslut.com. LCRW has published a number of his stories.
Lady Randolph Churchill’s ghost is not expected to make an appearance, but you’re invited to be there. It all happens on Wednesday September 19th, 7pm at KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.)
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009