Fantastic Fiction At KGB Reading Series, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel, will feature James Patrick Kelly at their next gathering. Kelly has won the Hugo, Nebula and Locus awards for his fiction. His new story collection, The Wreck of the Godspeed, has just been published by Golden Gryphon. He narrates fifty-two of his best stories on James Patrick Kelly’s StoryPod on Audible. Also featured will be Jeff Somers, the author of The Electric Church and its sequel, The Digital Plague. Jeff’s story “closer in my heart to thee” was recently published in the Spring 2008 issue of Greatest Uncommon Denominator (GUD) magazine. It all happens on Wednesday August 20th, 7pm at KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.)
Photos from this month’s reading, where John Kessel read a brand new story (unpublished) and JoSelle Vanderhooft read some wonderfully dark poetry, can be found online here: July 16th KGB.
In addition, photos from the Shirley Jackson Award Fundraiser reading at KGB are now posted online, courtesy of Ellen Datlow. On July 23rd, ten readers (including all four judges reading “The Lottery), read from Jackson’s work, in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the publication of “The Lottery” and to raise funds for the new literary horror award honoring her name. See it all here: Shirley Jackson Award Fundraiser.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009