The next Fantastic Fiction at KGB reading series get together, hosted by Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel, will present Sarah Langan, three-time Bram Stoker Award winning author of the novels The Keeper and The Missing and Audrey’s Door (which was optioned by The Weinstein Company for film). Her short fiction has appeared or is forthcoming from F&SF, Lightspeed, The Year’s Best Dark Fantasy and Horror, and Brave New Worlds. She’s currently working on a post-apocalyptic young adult series called Kids and two adult novels: Empty Houses and My Father’s Ghost.
Also reading will be Glen Hirshberg, whose new collection, The Janus Tree and Other Stories, will be published by Subterranean this fall. He is the author of two critically acclaimed novels, The Book of Bunk and The Snowman’s Children. Both of his earlier story collections, American Morons and The Two Sams won the International Horror Guild Award. In 2008, he won a Shirley Jackson Award for his novella, “The Janus Tree.” With Dennis Etchison and Peter Atkins, he co-founded the Rolling Darkness Revue, a traveling ghost story performance troupe that tours the west coast of the United States and elsewhere each October.
It’s all happening on Wednesday June 15th, 7pm at KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.)
Readings are free.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013