Famous Monsters of Filmland is back! Created in 1958 by sci-fi and horror aficionado Forrest J Ackerman, the magazine that captured the imaginations of legions of fans, including some of today’s most iconic storytellers and entertainers launches its newly redesigned website, Famous Monsters. This is a cutting edge online portal for all things relating to genre entertainment. Visitors to the site will experience a rich and multifaceted world comprised of videos, games, contests, shopping, social networking, and news.
USA TODAY’s David Colton reports that “[Ackerman] was affectionately known as ‘Uncle Forry’ by a generation of Hollywood creators such as Steven Spielberg, John Landis, Peter Jackson, Tim Burton and Stephen King, who credited Ackerman’s pun-filled Famous Monsters magazine with sparking their careers.”
The site will pay tribute to the monsters of old while keeping up with all things current in the world of genre. Over the course of the following months, Famous Monsters will continue to evolve and grow as we add new features and technology to bring the fans the most cutting edge web experience available today.
Stay tuned to Famous Monsters TV for original programming, Famous Monsters exclusive merchandise, and exclusive feature films available only through famousmonsters.com. As Ackerman said, “You axed for it!”
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013