Famous Monsters promised that they would celebrate their one-year anniversary in a phantasmically ghoulish fashion. And now, they bring you the third and final cover for Famous Monsters Of Filmland #257 by none other than the master “Monster Maker” himself, Rick Baker. Frankenstein’s Monster brought to life once again by the 7-time Academy Award Winner.
The cover accompanies part one of their interview with Mr. Baker, detailing how he went from almost poisoning himself in his bedroom while molding creaturous creations to becoming a real-life Dr. Frankenstein, unleashing walking, talking monsters upon the moviegoers-at-large. The first 500 issues will be sold as FM invades San Diego Comic Con (July 20-24) this year at booth 1509 and will feature an exclusive foil SDCC sticker available nowhere but the big show itself. The very limited additional issues without the sticker will be made available to the public beginning Monday, July 25, on a first-come/first-serve basis.
Issue 257 pays tribute the Super 8 and the monster kids such as Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Stephen King, Rick Baker and more that have inspired a generation as well as celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the landmark Heavy Metal: The Movie. Includes, audio, video, expanded content, and all 3 covers. Available for Mac and PC. Customers will be e-mailed a username and password within 24 hours of purchase.
But wait, there’s more!
You axed for it, you got it. Famous Monsters Of Filmland is now going digital, taking the magazine “Beyond the page” as our dear Uncle Forry requested of us, available for MAC, PC, and iOS. Along with including all the articles and a complete set of covers for an issue, the digital version will also bring you additional articles, picture galleries, hyperlinks, interactive menus and table of contents, and video content such as exclusive interviews and FM productions, trailers, behind-the-scenes footage, and much, much more.
You can order here: Famous Monsters #257 Digital
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013