Highland Myst Entertainment and New Film International have announced the limited theatrical release of Fall Down Dead. Directed by Jon Keeyes and starring Dominique Swain, Udo Kier and David Carradine – in one of his final horror film roles – Fall Down Dead will open this December in select cities across the country.
“As a holiday horror movie, we’re excited it’s coming out in December,” shared director Jon Keeyes. “Fall Down Dead will be a fun and scary alternative to the other holiday movies.”
Set on Christmas Eve, Fall Down Dead follows single mother Christie Wallace (Dominique Swain) as she stumbles upon The Picasso Killer (Udo Kier), a serial killer who considers his mutilated victims to be works of art. Now the only person who can identify him, Christie becomes trapped inside a building with bumbling security guard Wade (David Carradine), two detectives (R. Keith Harris and Italian star Mehmet Gunsur), and a few Christmas Eve stragglers as The Picasso Killer hunts them down one body at a time.
“Fall Down Dead is part slasher film and part psychological thriller. The movie takes place during a city wide blackout so we were able to play a lot with shadows to create a tense atmosphere and really ramp up the suspense,” says Keeyes. “I think we have a great mixture of tension and terror… and Udo Kier is just downright creepy as The Picasso Killer. I think horror fans are going to love what Udo does with the role.”
Joining Keeyes’ creative team was an experienced horror film crew including Director of Photography Richard Clabaugh (The Prophecy, Phantoms), Production Designer Eric Whitney (American Nightmare), FX Make-up Designer Starr Jones (Mortuary), Composer Pinar Toprak (Ogre), and Sound Designers Clancy Troutman (Return of the Living Dead, Part 2) and David West (The X-Files). Fall Down Dead was produced by Brandon Baker, Nesim Hason and Ron Gell.
Here’s a little taste:
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013