Yes, this is really science fiction. But horror is slow at the moment, and we thought this was still something that some readers might find interesting, so here we go…
Best-selling author Eric Brown has created a brand new shared world for Abaddon Books: Weird Space.
This thrilling space-opera series will begin in June 2012 with the release of The Devil’s Nebula by the best-selling author of Helix, Engineman and The Kings of Eternity.
In the first book in this epic new series, Brown will introduce readers to the human smugglers, veterans and ne’erdowells who are part of the Expansion – and their uneasy neighbours, the Vetch Empire.
When an evil race threatens not only the Expansion, but the Vetch too – an evil from another dimension which infests humans and Vetch alike and bends individuals to do their hideous bidding, only cooperation between them means the difference between a chance of survival and no chance at all.
Brown has meticulously created a massive shared world of interstellar potential, which other writers will explore with each new book.
With the launch of this new SF epic, Abaddon is adding to its series of shared worlds which already include the post-apocalyptic The Afterblight Chronicles, the new take on Arthurian legend Malory’s Knights of Albion, the World War One soldiers marooned on an alien world in No Man’s World, steampunk adventure in Pax Britannia, the zombie-infested Tomes of the Dead and the fantasy quests of the Twilight of Kerberos.
Eric Brown said: “It’s great to be part of the team working for Abaddon on the Weird Space project, and it’s a fantastic imaginative opportunity to be developing the background and working on the first novel, The Devil’s Nebula. The Weird is vast in scope – borrowing on an age-old tradition of everything that’s best is space-opera – and will allow the writers to tell exciting, human stories set against an eerie, thrilling, futuristic back-drop. I’m more than a little excited at being part of the team!”
Jonathan Oliver, editor-in-chief of Abaddon, said: “Eric is such a terrific writer that it’s a great honour to be welcoming him to the Abaddon fold. The vast scope of this series and the richness of Eric’s writing will mean that this will be a space-opera like no other.”
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013