From the Dreadit website:
Dreadit Horror Collection Ebook
Amateur horror writers. Dreadit is now accepting submissions for our first Dreadit Horror Collection (title pending, suggestions welcome). If we have enough submissions I would like to get the first volume out early April. Ideally, I would love to make this a monthly thing.
If any of our talented artists/designers would like to be involved we could use help with cover design. Also, we welcome suggestions for a title for the collection.
This will also be a contest with the winner’s story being published as a “featured” story. This will include being the first story in the book as well as credit on the cover, as in “Featuring Your Story Name by Your Name”.
The ebook will contain prose and poetry selected from /r/horror reader’s submissions.
The ebook will be made available to download from our sidebar each month with past volumes available via an archive in our wiki. The book will be available to download in ePub and MOBI formats.
All submissions to the Dreadit Book should be sent in the form of an email attachment email@example.com
The subject line should read “Submission:” followed by the category you are submitting to. For example –Submission: Short Story
The ebook will consist of three categories:
- Flash Fiction (under 1000 words)
- Short Stories (1000 – 7500 words)
Acceptable file formats for documents are:
Deadline For Submissions:
At this time the deadline has been temporarily suspended until the volume of submissions increases.
This is a non-paying publication.
Dreadit Author’s Contract
This contract is made between Dreadit, hereinafter referred to as the Publisher, and You, hereinafter referred to as the Author.
Grant of Rights
The Author grants the Publisher non-exclusive rights to compile and publish your story (hereinafter referred to as the Work) on our subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/horror) in our ebook collection. You guarantee that this Work is your own and that you have the right to grant us the use of it.
We will encode your Work into .epub and .mobi file formats for publication. Minor alterations to the text and/or title may be made to correct spelling, grammar and/or punctuation. You may withdraw permission to publish at any time by sending written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Author will retain copyright and all other rights to the Work, except as specified above.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015