Publisher Mohawk Media has released the first issue of its digital comic book series, Dracula vs. Robin Hood vs. Jekyll & Hyde. The series is written by Chris Bunting and illustrated by JL Czerniawski, who previously collaborated on the publisher’s Mr. T graphic novels.
Bunting says: “I’ve already written a few famous faces, but this is something extra special: bringing a number of world-famous characters together for the ultimate showdown.
“My other goal was to redress the mistreatment these characters have so often received. Robin Hood isn’t portrayed here as the gallant hero he obviously never was, and Dracula is closer in tone to the original than perhaps ever before.
“As for Jekyll and Hyde, he was the main inspiration for the Hulk. Because of this, it never felt right that Hulk was always portrayed as bigger and stronger… until now.
“But this isn’t just a horror tale, despite the Halloween launch of issue #1. It’s full of supernatural, sci-fi, superheroics – and good old-fashioned scraps.
“It’s a clash of genres as much as it is a clash of the characters who embody and represent those genres.”
Editor Stuart Buckley adds: “It feels right for a British writer to bring these British-born legends together through a British publisher. The characters’ quintessential ‘Britishness’ won’t be lost in translation as it so often has been in the past.
“As a result, we expect this series to have major global appeal. The first issue is ready to download worldwide now.
“Like many readers, we miss the days when a clash between the likes of Thing and Hulk generated far more interest than publicity stunts which seem to get in the way of solid storytelling, like ‘killing off’ the hero. We hope to bring that kind of excitement back.”
Dracula vs. Robin Hood vs. Jekyll & Hyde will initially be a three issue series available monthly exclusively via the publisher’s groundbreaking line of ECO COMICS, with further instalments of the series to be announced.
It is expected to usher in a “versus” range of titles from the publisher.
The twenty-page issue and is available to order for $1.95 here: Dracula vs. Robin Hood vs. Jekyll & Hyde #1
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013