Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw has written a new game and he’s offering the beta version of it to you to download and play. He’s looking for feedback on features to change or to add, so help him out, visit the site, and download the game. Oh, and have fun.
From the website:
The Consuming Shadow is a procedurally-generated horror adventure game with a Lovecraftian theme and gameplay inspired by such things as FTL: Faster Than Light, Eternal Darkness, and the board game Arkham Horror.
The country has been plunged into a mysterious darkness, from which hideous creatures are spawning, spreading chaos from town to town. But these events are merely the herald for the arrival of a terrifying ancient god, due to appear at Stonehenge in seventy-two hours.
You must travel from town to town, exploring dungeons and exterminating the minions of the shadow, in order to gather the four components of the Banishment Ritual, a four-rune mantra which, when cast at Stonehenge, will stop the evil god from entering our realm.
But it’s not as simple as that. As well as the ritual, you must also determine which god, out of three possible candidates, is the invader, as banishing the wrong one will result in failure. And even getting as far as the ritual will mean surviving countless trials with your body and mind intact.
Try not to go mad and shoot yourself. This is important.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015