WildClaw Theatre Company will present Deathscribe 2010, the Third Annual International Festival of Radio Horror Plays, on Monday December 6th, at 8:00pm. This collection of spine-tingling audio nightmares will be presented at the historic Mayne Stage Theatre, 1328 W. Morse Ave, Chicago. Admission is $20.
Harkening back to the Golden Age of Radio, Deathscribe 2010 will present five original horror radio plays, chosen from nearly 100 international submissions, performed by some of Chicago’s finest actors, with a live band and dueling foley artists. These radio dramas will be directed by Nic Dimond (Strawdog), Carolyn Klein (Seanachai), Bob Fisher (The Mammals), Lance Baker (A Red Orchid), and Greg Kolack (Drury Lane Oakbrook). There will be a “Best of the Fest” award, the Bloody Axe, chosen by a celebrity panel of judges, plus special surprise guests, and the entire performance will be recorded for a future WildClaw Blood Radio Podcast.
Deathscribe 2010 will be performed at the historic Mayne Stage in Rogers Park. The theater, on Morse Avenue in Rogers Park, opened as Morse Theater in 1912 as a vaudeville and movie house, and closed in 1954. From 1956 until 2008 the building served in various capacities from synagogue to a shoe repair store. Now, with a recent multi-million dollar restoration and renovation project, featuring state-of-the-art audio and video systems, the entertainment and dining hotspot is the perfect venue for our 3rd annual Festival of Radio Horror.
It is WildClaw Theatre’s mission to engage our audience by appealing to their imagination, taking them on strange journeys of suspense, terror and wonder. In other words – to create Horror Theatre. Deathscribe 2010 continues that pursuit of intelligent, imaginative horror storytelling by reaching back in time, to an age when an idea and a sound were more terrifying than any computer generated image.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013