The editor at Dead But Dreaming 2 (Miskatonic River Press, 1210 Greene St., #4, Boone IA 50036) says, “I have no agenda other than to collect 100,000 words (hopefully about 17-18 stories) of the best original Lovecraftian/Cthulhu Mythos fiction I can find.”
“What I AM looking for is good stories first and good cosmic horror second. To get some idea of my tastes in Lovecraftian horror, obviously the best place to start is with the original Dead But Dreaming anthology. The introduction there lays out my philosophy of what’s wrong with most Cthulhoid fiction, and the stories in that book should give you some idea of the types of things I like.”
No poetry; humor and parody are hard sells. Prefers snail mail submission with “SASE or a valid E-mail address for my reply.” No more than 3 stories/sub. Contact the editor via the Web site, if you wish to submit E-mail (RTF format) your sub.
Pays royalty, for First North American Serial Rights. “Publication is tentatively planned for August 2010–the 120th anniversary of Lovecraft’s birth.” [E-mail: Contact form on Web site: Miskatonic River Press. Deadline: May 31, 2010.
Courtesy of The Gila Queen’s Guide to Markets. Hellnotes special: 20 issues for only $18. Just mention Hellnotes to get this great deal.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013