The Hollywood Theatre, in partnership with Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s cutting edge horror convention, is pleased to present the Steel City Zombie Trick or Treat, a Halloween night event in the Zombie Capital of the World.
The event will feature a costume contest with a prize for the Best Steelers Zombie, a zombie movie trivia contest, raffles, prizes and giveaways. The party starts at 6:30 PM on October 31.
Leonard Lies, who played the Machete Zombie in the original Dawn of the Dead, will be on hand to meet and greet fans. The theater will sell raffle tickets beginning on October 22 for a chance to win one of two Machete Zombie baskets donated by Lies containing a T-shirt, signed photo, Goblin CD soundtrack, comic book with Machete Zombie on the cover, a signed machete, and anything else his severed mind can think of. The drawings will take place following the movie on October 31.
A rare public screening of the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead film will take place at 7pm. Filmed in the Monroeville Mall outside Pittsburgh, Dawn is the second entry in the George Romero zombie film series. The film tells the story of a group of survivors of a plague outbreak who barricade themselves in a suburban shopping mall but are forced to fight zombies at every turn.
Ticket prices are $6 for adults and $4 for children and seniors and can be purchased at the door. The film is rated R.
Following the Dawn of the Dead screening on Halloween night, the Hollywood will be showing Black Christmas at 9:30pm and The Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight. Tickets for all shows are sold separately.
The Hollywood Theatre is located at 1449 Potomac Avenue in Dormont (15216). The theater reopened in August 2009 and is under new management by Motion Picture Heritage Corp., a nonprofit company based in Franklin, Indiana, that rehabilitates and operates classic cinemas nationwide in partnership with local communities. Opened in 1924, the historic Hollywood Theatre is the last surviving single-screen theater in the South Hills of Pittsburgh. The Hollywood is also a BYOB theater (beer & wine only). For more information visit: The Hollywood Theatre or call (412) 344-1245.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013