Dark Renaissance Books
Literary horror, dark fantasy, fantasy short story, and poetry collections
Mikey Fitzsimmons and his friends only went to St. Mary’s Cemetery to hang out and tell ghost stories. Mikey’s father, the gravedigger, had the keys to the mausoleums.
Fourteen-year-old Alice Arthur had drowned that past summer. Mikey invented her frightening legend to scare his pals. They made their way down: to open the heavy granite door, to move aside the mosquito netting, to creep up for a close look at the body.
They had no idea what they were to awaken down there.
Welcome to the Gravediggers’ Dance, where the music is dark and wild, and where anything can happen. Angels, devils, freaks of nature, vampires, ghosts, psychopaths, all joining in below a glaring full moon. Pick a grave-flower and join the other dancers. Tickets are available at the Cemetery gate from the dead-eyed poet. Don’t forget to sample the Postmortem Punch!
by G. O. Clark
Cover art by Wayne Miller.
100 signed and numbered trade paperback edition. Signed by S. T. Joshi.
H. P. Lovecraft was a voracious reader of supernatural and fantastic fiction, and he was continually on the hunt for powerful and stimulating works in these genres. Many of the stories he read directly influenced his own writings
Introduction by S. T. Joshi
The Diamond Lens by Fitz-James O’Brien
The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
The Moon Pool by A. Merritt
Count Magnus by M. R. James
The Damned Thing by Ambrose Bierce
The Dead Valley by Ralph Adams Cram
The Bad Lands by John Metcalfe
Ooze by Anthony M. Rud
Fishhead by Irvin S. Cobb
The Harbor-Master by Robert W. Chambers
Ancient Sorceries by Algernon Blackwood
Cassius by Henry S. Whitehead
The Spider by Hanns Heinz Ewers
Blind Man’s Buff by H. Russell Wakefield
A new retrospective collection which includes new fiction.Cover art by Santiago Caruso. In THE SEA OF BLOOD Reggie Oliver brings together some of the finest work from his six collections of stories, and some which have not been published before.
A long-dead nun with a fatal gift for prophesy comes to you across a sea of blood…
A television reality show host tries to restore a derelict London Music Hall and accidentally uncovers the true identity of Jack the Ripper…
This excellent book will be available in a deluxe hardcover lettered edition and a signed and numbered hardcover edition. Coming this Fall from Dark Renaissance Books!
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014
- Demons Come To New York - October 15, 2014