Working Title: Young Adult Dark Moon Digest Special Issue
Edited by: Stan Swanson
Publisher: Dark Moon Books
Projected Publishing Date: June 2013
Contact info: email@example.com
DEADLINE: April 15, 2013
PAYMENT: Payment is $10 plus a contributor’s copy.
Dark Moon Books is now accepting submissions for a special issue of Dark Moon Digest. This younger sibling of Dark Moon Digest will still stress the quality of stories you have come to expect from our quarterly publication, but will be geared toward the young adult population.
Ghosts? Zombies? Vampires? Witches? Werewolves? Chupacabra? It’s all up to you. Just remember: Keep it exciting and moving along. Let’s give the younger generation a taste of horror and keep them reading.
Send all submissions (and questions) toDarkMoonDigest@gmail.com.
Submissions should fall between 500-4000 words, but a few words over is fine. However, submissions that are excessively long will not be considered.
Submissions will only be accepted as attachments in either .doc or .rtf format. Please do not embed your story in the e-mail.
Include your real name (and pen name if using one), address, phone, email, story title and word count on the title page of the submission as well as in the body of your email. Include a brief bio (100 words or less written in 3rd person POV) in the body of the email.
Original works only, no reprints
Format your masterpiece as it will be read, meaning use italics, bold, etc. when appropriate. Avoid the use of underlining and all caps.
No headers or page numbers.
Please use Times New Roman, Courier, Verdana, Arial or Georgia 12 point for submissions.
We reserve the right to reject any submissions not following these guidelines.
By submitting your horror short fiction work to Dark Moon Books, you are assigning Dark Moon Books exclusive First World Rights for both print and electronic versions for a period of six months after publication. After that time period, you are free to resell your story as a reprint as long as first publication information is included. You keep all other rights including the original copyright.
Sexual situations or foul language should be avoided. Remember, we are trying to gain young readers, not alienate their parents. Of course, this is horror and should be appropriately “frightening.”
You may withdraw your short story from consideration at any time, but this request must be made in writing (e-mail acceptable).
Multiple submissions are accepted, but please send each story as an attachment in its own email.
No simultaneous submissions please. (Meaning, if you send a story to us, do not send it to other publishers at the same time.)
Submissions selected for publication will be contacted prior to publication with further instructions. Authors will also always receive an edit of their story for approval prior to publication.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015