Dark Jesters: An Anthology Of Humorous Horror
Editors: Nick Cato and L.L. Soares
Publisher: Novello Publishers
Novello Publishers is seeking 10 hysterical stories to fill their first trade paperback all-original humorous horror anthology. Word count is not to exceed 2,000, no exceptions. The shortest accepted piece will be 1,500, but closer to the 2,000 mark is ideal for this project. Stories must be horror-oriented-no scifi unless in the vein of Alien. “Stories will be selected (mainly) on their humor content: the harder you make the editors laugh the better chance your story will be picked. Any story that insults the horror genre will not be selected; humorous horror does not mean we want to make fun of the genre. We want to see real horror stories with a humorous angle. Whether your story deals with classic monsters (such as vampires), the apocalypse, serial killers, ghosts, or (you fill in the blank), we want the readers to laugh ’till it hurts.”
Format: Send your story double-spaced in a Times New Roman or Courier font as a .doc or .rtf attachment, no exceptions. Please underline any italicized words.
Payment: $40.00 and one contributor copy.
Reading Period: August 1st through November 30th
Send submissions to: NickYak@aol.com with DJ Submission in the subject heading. Hard copy submissions may be sent to Novello Publishers, Box 060382, Staten Island, NY 10306. Hard copies must be post-dated no later than November 10th, 2008.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009