JournalStone Publishing President, Christopher C. Payne and Dark Discoveries Magazine Managing Editor, James Beach, are pleased to announce that the magazine is again open to short fiction submissions until June 1, 2013. The magazine will be paying Pro Rates of Five Cents ($0.05) per word for all accepted fiction stories. Full Submission Guidelines can be found at: Dark Discoveries Submissions
Dark Discoveries Magazine, a subsidiary of JournalStone Publishing, is a well-established and popular full-color slick print quarterly magazine, including a digital edition, which is internationally-distributed in the U.K., Germany, Canada and all across the USA, and features some of the best fiction, interviews, reviews and art to be found in the field of dark Fantasy. Among the many contributors to the magazine include: Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, William F. Nolan, Richard Laymon, Joe R. Lansdale, Edward Lee, Gary A. Braunbeck, Ramsey Campbell, Simon Clark, Tim Lebbon, and many, many more. All fiction submissions should be sent via email to the following email address: DDsubmissions@gmail.com As there are very specific submission guidelines that must be followed, please make sure you read them at the above Link.
JournalStone Publishing is a small press publishing company, focusing in the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror genres in both the adult and young adult markets. They publish in multiple book formats and market their authors on a global level. They are also active with major writer’s groups, including the Horror Writers Association (HWA), and produce a monthly newsletter with exposure to thousands of people. Their online presence and marketing effort is constantly expanding and recently they began their own forum. Assisted by a hard-working and distinguished staff of employees, President and Editor-In-Chief Christopher C. Payne has led JS on a rapid and successful journey to recognition and sales within the marketplace, with two books nominated for awards in JournalStone’s first 12 months of operation, and with JournalStone on the front cover of Publishers Weekly magazine in an April issue; with three of its authors highlighted on the inside cover.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013