Dark Discoveries is published quarterly (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st), 8×11/color glossy magazine (64 to 80 pages) and is available in close to 500 stores in the US, Canada and Overseas (U.K., Germany and other countries) — including Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Powell’s Books, Tattered Covers, Borderlands, Things From Another World, Dreamhaven, Mystery & Imagination and Dark Delicacies.
In continuous publication for nearly a decade, the magazine features some of the best content in the Horror/Dark Fantasy/Science Fiction genres, offering in-depth interviews, insightful articles, regular columns, fantastic artwork and outstanding short fiction. Past contributors and topics include: Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, The Twilight Zone, H.R. Giger, William F. Nolan, Ramsey Campbell, EC Comics, Joe R. Lansdale, Dan O’Bannon, Forrest J Ackerman, Graham Masterton, Brian Lumley, George Clayton Johnson, Dark Horse Comics, Brian Keene, Douglas Clegg, Joe Hill, J.K. Potter and many others.
Table of Contents
F i c t i o n
- Bob Dylan, Troy Johnson, and the Speed Queen by F. Paul Wilson
- The Last Chord by Douglas Wynne
- Zombie A Go Go: From the Misadventures of Butch Quick by Brian Knight
- Reunion Show by David Agranott
I n t e r v i e w s
- Knowledge: An Interview with Rob Zombie by David Everley
- Jamming with John Skipp by James R Beach
- Dark Regions Press and Chris Morey: Joined at the Hip by Joel Kirkpatrick
F e a t u r e s
- Edward Lee’s “The Bighead” Hits the Big Screen by John Palisano
- The Nightmare Returns: Alice Cooper Revisits a Classic by Trevor Nordgren
- Top 10 Rock & Roll Horror Movies by R. B. James
- King’s Rock by Michael R. Collings
- The Horror in Rock by James R. Beach
- Thunder Perfect Minds: Thomas Ligotti and Current 93 by Aaron J. French
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries:
- Single Issue: Domestic Retail ($9.95), Canada Retail ($11.95) Europe Retail (17.95)
- Annual Subscription: Domestic ($37.95) Canada ($46.95) Europe (69.95)
- 2 Year Subscription: Domestic ($74.95) Canada ($92.95) Europe (139.95)
You can subscribe here: Dark Discoveries
A pdf digital version is included with your print magazine purchase free of charge. A free link will be e-mailed to all subscribers who have a valid e-mail address on file. PDF versions are available when ordering the most current magazine available. No back-order or previously published issues will include a pdf version.
The pdf version is a fully animated and interactive pdf. It needs the latest version of Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player to run. These programs are standard and free. You can download or update these from the Adobe Download page.
If you enjoy horror, short stories, interviews and one of the few remaining markets that sustain this in print form, sign up today.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013