ChiZine Publications’ is running a book contest for Tim Lebbon’s The Thief of Broken Toys. Purchase a copy of the book from Amazon on June 1st, 2010 and you could win a two-year book subscription from ChiZine Publications. That’s every book they publish for the next two years!
All you have to do is purchase a copy of The Thief of Broken Toys on June 1st, 2010 from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, or Amazon.co.uk, and forward CZP your electronic receipt showing the date of purchase. You will then be entered into a random draw to win a two-year subscription to our trade paperback line (roughly a $450 value!). There will be one subscription available to each of the three Amazon sites.
However, if The Thief of Broken Toys makes it into the top 100 on any of the three Amazon sites, an additional two-year trade paperback subscription will be given away.
And if The Thief of Broken Toys makes it into the top 10 on any of the three Amazon sites, a one-year signed limited edition hardcover subscription to ChiZine Publications will be given away for each site (roughly a $650 value).
The drawing will be held on June 3rd, 2010.
From the May edition of Publishers Weekly: “A father’s inconsolable grief over his son’s untimely death opens a door to a potentially redemptive supernatural experience in this poignant but meandering novella. Since young Toby died in his sleep, Ray has wandered the streets of the little Cornish fishing village of Skentipple in a fog of misery, watching his ex-wife rebuild her life. A chance encounter with an enigmatic old man seems to hold out the prospect of Ray’s own emotional healing—though, as becomes apparent, at a very dear price. Lebbon (Bar None) superbly captures the thoughts and feelings of a man whose misery so unhinges him that an encounter with the uncanny is unavoidable, but too often Ray’s self-pity comes across as artlessly repetitive and padded. An idea that might have made a haunting short story seems underdeveloped at this greater length.”
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013