“Danny Draven’s book, The Filmmaker’s Book of the Dead How to Make Your Own Heart-Racing Horror Movie is a terrific new how-to for aspiring indie horror filmmakers. There’s a ton of great information packed inside, making it a great go-to reference for anyone involved with indie production, not just horror. If you want to learn how to make a horror movie without enrolling in film school, this book is where your journey should start!” – Todd Debreceni, Makeup Effects Artist/Designer, author of Special Makeup Effects for Stage and Screen Making and Applying Prosthetics (Focal Press, 2008)
Sharing his personal filmmaking experience, award-winning producer/director Danny Draven reveals how to create a spine-tingling horror film from start to finish.
Readers will not only discover how to craft the story, but also how to master using production techniques, music, lighting and editing to thrill audiences. Straight-from-the-set tips will help readers avoid common filmmaking pitfalls, and extensive information on marketing and distribution will show you how to get your film out to the public.
- Write, produce, and distribute your own low-budget but high-quality horror film.
- Find even more hands-on horror advice and over an hour of video extras on the companion web site!
- Classic behind-the-scenes footage from Puppetmaster, Blood Dolls, Dead Hate the Living and more courtesy of Full Moon Features.
Readers will learn from groundbreaking horror legends such as Lloyd Kaufman, Toxic Avenger; Robert Kurtzman, From Dusk till Dawn; James Wan, Saw; Robert Englund, Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare of Elm Street films; Stuart Gordon, Re-Animator; Tom Savini, Night of the Living Dead; “Godfather of Gore” Herschell Gordon Lewis; Charles Band, Trancers; David DeCoteau, Puppet Master 3; John D. LeMay, Friday the 13th: The Series; Debbie Rochon, Tromeo & Juliet; Reggie Bannister, Phantasm and many more!
Here’s the trailer:
And here’s a free sample chapter you can download: Chatper 9 – War Stories & Advice from the Trenches
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013