Cliver Barker will be exhibiting his conceptual drawings for his upcoming film The Midnight Meat Train in the project room of Sloan Fine Art in New York from April 17 – May 10, 2008. These works are a rare glimpse at the Barker’s process and the birth of many of the ideas and characters included in the finished film.
Although best known as a successful novelist and filmmaker, Clive Barker has been creating and exhibiting his paintings and drawings for almost twenty years. In his deeply expressive paintings, Barker brings to life the landscapes and figures that inhabit his mind. His colors are bold, paint application thickly layered, and surfaces often scratched or sanded. The result is moody works that capture the emotion and mystery of Barker’s writing with color, texture and light.
Clive Barker was born in Liverpool, England in 1952 and now lives in Los Angeles. When asked by an interviewer what he wanted (besides his name) on his tombstone, Clive Barker replied simply “Imaginer” as imagination is the force that brings his work into being, and the fuel that sustains his process.
The reception will be held on Wednesday, April 16th from 7 to 9 pm at Sloan Fine Art, 128 Rivington Street, New York, NY 10002. For more information, call (212) 477-1140.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009