Independent publisher ChiZine Publications has released a collection of twelve short stories by Montreal writer and editor Claude Lalumière titled Objects of Worship. This collection will be available in a special edition hardcover for a limited time.
Called “the debut of a highly original voice in fantastic fiction” by Jan Lars Jensen, this collection contains stories that have appeared in magazines and anthologies such as On Spec, Year’s Best SF, Interzone, Electric Velocipede, and Tesseracts Eleven as well as the previously unpublished “The Darkness at the Heart of the World” and “Roman Predator’s Chimeric Odyssey.” This volume also features interior illustrations by Rupert Bottenberg (Claude’s Lost Myths collaborator), an introduction by World Fantasy Award-winning author James Morrow, and an afterword by the author.
In addition, the hardcover will contain two bonus stories of extreme horror/humour: Claude’s tribute to Iggy Pop, “The World’s Forgotten Boy and the Scorpions from Hell,” and its sequel. Also unique to the hardcover edition is a mosaic of ‘Objects of Worship’ icons by illustrator Rupert Bottenberg on the back cover.
All copies of the hardcovers will be signed by the author, Bottenberg, and cover artist Erik Mohr. The print run for this book will be limited to those orders received.
Orders can be placed on the Horror Mall website at: Objects of Worshop
More information can be found at: ChiZine Publications
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009