Cieri Media is launching a new festival aimed at showcasing the geekiest shorts they can find.
The Ge/Ne/rk Fest NYC, which stands for Geek/Nerd/Dork Festival, is looking for submissions. The festival will accept submissions of short films, up to approximately 25 minutes in length, in the categories of Comedy, Sci-Fi, Horror/Thriller, Fantasy, and Animation/Anime. Festival organizers describe their ideal submissions as “…true B-movies – the stupidly funny, the I-grabbed-some-homemade-costumes-and-made-this-just-for-fun, and the movies that were meant for midnight screenings and all-night movie marathons.”
Festival organizers excitedly boast that “…if you think that “Weasels Rip My Flesh” was awesome, that the best part of “Evil Dead” was when the trees attack, that Monty Python was genius, can’t decide whether you like Tim Curry best in “Rocky Horror”, “Legend”, or “Clue”, and can spend hours debating the parameters of the space-time continuum based solely on its portrayal in the “Back to the Future” Trilogy – THIS is the festival for you.” They have also launched their site, http://www.Generk.com as a community site – aimed at giving their fans and contributors a place to chat, suggest other activities to include in the festival, and get in touch with other geeks with similar interests.
The Ge/Ne/rk Fest is scheduled to makes its final programming choices in mid-March 2014 and run during the weekend of April 25-27th 2014. During the course of the festival, the audience will be involved in choosing which films will take home the coveted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Audience Choice Best of the Fest Awards.
Opportunities to sponsor the festival and/or its prizes are available. Please contact Dennis at info(dot)generk(dot)com to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015