Building on its deal with the Literary Press Group and LitDistCo, ChiZine Publications (CZP) has signed a deal with Diamond Book Distributors to have its books placed in U.S. and U.K. bookstores.
One of the U.S.’s leading distributors, Diamond distributes to booksellers like Barnes & Noble, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, WaldenBooks, and Borders. It represents a number of book and comic publishers, including Borderlands Press, Night Shade Books, Prime Books, Subterranean Press, and Random House UK.
“It’s another step forward, but a bigger risk,” says CZP Co-Publisher Brett Alexander Savory. “Getting books on the shelves means getting those books printed. If they don’t sell, we eat that cost. But our experiment with the Literary Press Group worked. Some of our books sold out. So if we’re going to grow, we need to be in major markets like the U.S. and U.K.”
The announcement comes on the heels of a lengthy article about ChiZine Publications that appeared in The National Post’s Afterword literary blog. In the article, Brett, fellow Co-Publisher Sandra Kasturi, and authors David Nickle (Monstrous Affections) and Robert J. Wiersema (The World More Full of Weeping) discuss the origins of CZP and the challenges of being a “genre” publisher at a time when “genre” fiction is assumed to not be “literary” fiction.
Brett says the plan is for CZP titles to be in U.S. and U.K. bookstores by early 2010.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013