NEW YORK – March 24, 2014 – In keeping with its tradition of fostering up-and-coming creative talent in horror movie-making, Chiller has begun the search for the next horror film maven with its newly-launched “Killer Shorts” contest. Aimed at collegiate-level filmmaking talent at schools across the United States, the contest invites submissions of 2-3 minute short horror films from aspiring directors. The winning short will make its on-air debut on Chiller following the premiere of the original anthology film, Chilling Visions: 5 States of Fear, on July 11.
From now through mid-April, Chiller will be hosting a series of activations (from speaking engagements to evening events) on college campuses across the U.S., all aimed at fostering awareness around independent filmmaking. Participating schools include UCLA, University of Texas Austin, and Syracuse University. (Entries are not limited to schools hosting events.)
At the close of submissions on April 30th Chiller will choose 13 finalists, from which a winner will be chosen by fans on Chiller’s website (www.chillertv.com).
About Chilling Visions: 5 States of Fear:
5 States of Fear is the newest installment in Chiller’s anthology film series, Chilling Visions, which debuted last year and features the work of five up-and-coming filmmakers, each of whom create a short based on the subject of the anthology. 2013’s inaugural installment was entitled Chilling Visions: 5 Senses of Fear and included a film by critically-acclaimed young director Emily Hagins.
5 States of Fear will comprise shorts inspired by five basic human fears, with each short set in a specific location across five different U.S. states.
Chiller is an entertainment brand dedicated to delivering round-the-clock scares with its commitment to producing diverse and high-quality horror content. Chiller’s eclectic slate of adrenaline-fueled, soul-stirring entertainment includes a broad offering of original movies and specials, genre films, documentary and reality shows (Fear Factor) and some of the most thought-provoking and suspenseful series ever on television (The River, Dead Like Me, Tales from the Darkside, Outer Limits). With its recently-created Chiller Films initiative, Chiller also produces feature films for select theaters and On-Demand. Chiller network is currently available in over 42 million homes. To learn more, visit: www.chillertv.com. Chiller. Scary Good.
- Horror in a Hundred – Homecoming by David J. Wing - July 9, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Wizard’s Dungeon by Sheldon Woodbury - July 8, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Dead Man’s Switch by Thomas Kleaton - May 18, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Little Dog Died oh Died in the Ditch by Thomas Kleaton - May 7, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Absentee Ballot by Thomas Kleaton - May 6, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Hoodie by Catherine Bader - April 25, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Rinse Repeat by Thomas Kleaton - April 24, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – Toe Tag by Catherine Bader - April 23, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – The Monster’s Moon by Sheldon Woodbury - April 22, 2015
- Horror in a Hundred – She Fought Back by James Newman - April 21, 2015