Flashback Weekend is Chicago’s largest and longest running horror convention featuring a huge horror dealer’s room, special events, and major celebrity guests including legendary director George A. Romero in a rare convention appearance. Flashback Weekend also dedicates itself to the preservation of the big screen horror experience by featuring big screen horror presentations at the Muvico Theaters Rosemont 18, which is located next to the convention hotel.
Convention activities will take place at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare
Evening movie screenings and parties will take place at the Muvico Theaters Rosemont 18
Friday August 9, 2013
- 3:00PM – 8:00PM Registration Booth Open
- 4:00PM – 8:45PM Celebrity signings & Dealers room (Ballrooms 3-5)MUVICO THEATERS ROSEMONT 18
- 9:00PM: 35mm print Night of the Living Dead 45th anniversary screening – Introduced by George A. Romero (Separate Admission Required – Get Tickets Now!). Ticket holders will receive a limited edition 11″ x 17″ original poster designed by FBW Resident Artist Chad Savage.
- 11:00PM: WORLD PREMIERE Trancers 1.5: City of Angels hosted by Charles Band. The evening will also include special unseen footage from the “TRANCERS” set and many surprises, including a special announcement for fans of stop-motion animation!Saturday August 10, 2013
- 9:30AM – 6:00PM: Registration Booth Open
- 10:00AM – 6:45PM: Dealer room (Ballrooms 3-5)
- 10:00AM – 6:00PM: Celebrity signings (Ballrooms 3-5)
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM: Svengoolie autograph signings – Balmoral BallroomQ&A BALLROOMS 1 & 2
- 12:00PM – 4:15PM: CELEBRITY Q & A’s TBA
- 4:20PM – 5:00PM: Sinister Visions presents The 8th Annual Flashback Costume Contest hosted by Chicago TV legend Svengoolie!
- 5:00PM – 6:00PM: Sinister Visions presents the 6th Annual Zombie Pinups Beauty Pageant
- 6:00PM – 7:00PM: Screening TBA
- 10:00PM: An Evening with Patricia Quinn & The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Separate Admission Required – Get Tickets Now!). Patricia will reminisce and share many of her interesting and fun experiences while making this cult classic. Get ready to dance along to the “Time Warp” and more!AFTERNOON SCREENING ROOM (Crowne Plaza) – FEATURES & TIMES TBA
MUVICO THEATERS ROSEMONT 18
THEATER # TBD
- 7:00PM: “Buffy”/”Angel” star James Marsters & GHOST OF THE ROBOT in Concert (Separate admission required). To buy a ticket and reserve your spot go here!
– $300 Platinum: Limited to 20 people, priority seating at the concert and party, backstage meet and greet with the band
– $200 Gold: Limited to 100 people, entrance to the concert ahead of concert only ticket holders, admission to the party
– $25 Concert only tickets. (Concert tickets purchased at the door will be $30 each, cash only)
- 9:00PM: Pet Sematary introduced by director Mary Lambert and the cast – Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby, Miko Hughes, & Brad Greenquist (Separate Admission Required – Get Tickets Now!)Sunday August 11, 2013
- 10:00AM – 3:00PM: Registration Booth Open
- 11:00AM – 4:00PM: Celebrity signings & Dealer room (Ballrooms 3-5)Q&A BALLROOMS 1 & 2
Visit the Flashback Weekend website or call (847) 647-3124 for updates!