Chain of Evil: The JournalStone Guide to Writing Darkness, by Dr. Michael R. Collings, approaches the question of writing from multiple directions. The essays in this volume range from the abstract and philosophical to the concrete and specific; from reminiscences as they relate to the art of writing to near-scholarly studies of the nature of genre, in particular horror; and from general discussions of literary forms and what they can achieve to practical advice on where to place commas, exclamation marks, and quotation marks.
Dr. Collings’ expertise emerges from nearly thirty years teaching writing and composition at the university level, gaining acclaim as an astute voice in science-fiction, fantasy, and horror studies, as well as from the more than one hundred books—novels, scholarship, collections of poetry and short fiction, criticism, and bibliographies—he has published over the past four decades.
- Richard Christian Matheson Interview with Rick Hipson - March 27, 2017
- JournalStone’s Amazon only e-book holiday sale! - December 14, 2014
- Mary SanGiovanni’s Latest Limited Edition Chapbook ‘No Songs for the Stars’ Has Been Released! - October 18, 2014
- Jamais Vu Issue 3 – Magazine Review - October 18, 2014
- Nevermore Publicity is set to re-launch on Friday 10/10/14! - October 18, 2014
- Apex Publications Is Set To Give Us ‘War Stories’ - October 17, 2014
- Dark Horse Is Set To Give Us Richard Corben’s ‘Rat God’ - October 17, 2014
- Disordered Minds – Book Review - October 17, 2014
- Where All Light is Left to Die: A Collection of Darkness – Book Review - October 16, 2014
- We Want Your Horror Face! - October 16, 2014