As a child of the ’80s, I grew up with the wonderfully wrong and gorgeously grotesque Garbage Pail Kids cards, and man did I love them. Half the fun was seeing how sick they could get, the other half was how sick they made your parents get when they saw them. Ah, good times, good times. Well now, more years later than I’d like to admit, one of the artists responsible for the Garbage Pail Kids is back at it again, this time merging horror movies and breakfast cereals together with hilarious results.
Each pun-tastic card or sticker, as Cereal Killers does both, is a treat for horrorheads of all ages. Wax Eye, the company behind these new silly slices of scary, have so far released two series, each with fifty plus cards. Some of my favorites are Chucky Harms, Halloweeties, Children of the Corn Flakes, Exorcrisp The Cereal, Chainsaw Toast Crunch, Shredded Feet (based on the Saw movies), The Silence of the Grahams, and of course Fiber the 13th. Those are just some of the one-hundred-plus examples of goofy, gory goodness you can find here.
Cereal Killers is a fun trip down memory lane with all your favorite horror movies along for the ride. If the thought of horror makes you hungry, then do yourself a favor and pick up some of these Cereal Killers for yourself. You can find them in your better comic book and toy stores, including Toys R Us, online at Amazon.com, or directly from Wax Eye.
- Black Christmas – Blu-ray Review - November 29, 2016
- Dreamscape – Blu-ray Review - November 25, 2016
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume XXXVII – DVD Review - November 24, 2016
- Bubba Ho-tep – Blu-ray Review - November 21, 2016
- Dark Water – Blu-ray Review - November 11, 2016
- Slayaway Camp – Video Game Review - November 10, 2016
- Vamp – Blu-ray Review - November 8, 2016
- Lights Out – Blu-ray Review - November 7, 2016
- Arkham Nights: Tales of Mythos Noir by Glynn Owen Barrass & Ron Shiflet – Book Review - October 26, 2016
- The Exorcist III – Blu-ray Review - October 18, 2016