Cemetery Dance is now accepting preorders for Joyland by Stephen King, a new novel Hard Case Crime will be publishing next year. They’re also producing a custom-made slipcase for this title like they have for the last couple of King books, which you can also preorder now if you’re interested.
Description: Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, Joyland tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.
Note From the Publisher and the Author: “I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts,” Stephen King said in the press release. “I also loved the paperbacks I grew up with as a kid, and for that reason, we’re going to hold off on e-publishing this one for the time being. Joyland will be coming out in paperback, and folks who want to read it will have to buy the actual book.”
Charles Ardai, editor of Hard Case Crime, promises a layered, genre-crossing story. “Joyland is a breathtaking, beautiful, heartbreaking book,” he said. “It’s a whodunit, it’s a carny novel, it’s a story about growing up and growing old, and about those who don’t get to do either because death comes for them before their time. Even the most hard-boiled readers will find themselves moved.”
Even though Joyland is being published by another publisher, Cemetery Dance be producing a custom-made slipcase for this title as they have for the last few Stephen King books.
The easiest way to add a slipcase to your purchase is by selecting the “Paperback with Exclusive Slipcase!” option on the Joyland product page — you’ll also save on shipping by ordering this way.
These cases will be produced after the book is published because Cemetery Dance needs a real copy of the book to get the sizing just right and your book and slipcase will ship together to save you on shipping.
Check it out and preorder here: Joyland
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013