Cemetery Dance Magazine will be ready to open to submissions again later this year (please don’t send anything now, it’ll still be returned unread). But this time around they’re going to be doing things a little differently this time around.
Because they were receiving up to 500 stories a month before they closed to submissions, and they have a limited number of fiction slots available per issue, they’re only going to open to submissions for two months at the very most. They’re telling you that now so that you can get your very best unpublished story ready.
In addition, the preferred method of submission will be via a new electronic submission system. This will allow the editors to respond quicker, it’ll save the cost of postage, and it’ll save some trees, too.
As a refresher, here are the Cemetery Dance Magazine guidelines again, but please do not submit anything until they officially announce their new submission system is ready to go:
Guidelines: Horror, dark mystery, and suspense short stories up to 5,000 words. Originals, no reprints. We want tales that are powerful and emotional — creepy, chilling, disturbing, and moody. Suspense/mystery/crime tales with a horror element are always welcome. Both supernatural and psychological stories are fine. Most common reasons for rejection are: lack of power, lack of originality, slow pacing, poor writing, boring themes. Read the magazine, see what type of fiction we are publishing — don’t submit with a blind eye!
Payment: Professional rates, minimum of five cents per word, plus two contributor copies. Payable within 30 days of publication. Up to 5,000 words; maximum payment of $250. All rights revert to the author upon publication.
How To Submit: Details to be posted on the Cemetery Dance Magazine website when the new submission system is ready.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013