Cemetery Dance #61: The Peter Straub Special Issue is a Deluxe Signed Limited Edition Hardcover Commemorative “Magazine” available for pre-order for two weeks only.
A lot of Cemetery Dance “super collectors” remember the special magazine hardcover Limited Editions they used to produce. Cemetery Dance took some time off from them while they were catching up on some other parts of the business, but they’ve now announced the Cemetery Dance Deluxe Signed Limited Edition Hardcover Commemorative “Magazines” are back due to popular demand — but with a great new twist!
These collectible books will be Smyth sewn and printed on the same interior paper stock as their normal signed Limited Editions so they’ll hold up better than the regular version of the magazine you see on the newsstand. This extremely affordable hardcover will also feature a full-color reproduction of the magazine’s front cover right on the binding, a beautiful special endpaper, and each copy will be signed by the editor on a unique Limitation Sheet featuring color artwork by Glenn Chadbourne created just for this special edition.
How To Order (Two Weeks Only!): In the past, Cemetery Dance sold the magazine hardcovers for a retail price of $75, but they’re offering this Cemetery Dance #61 special “magazine” Limited Edition hardcover edition for just $40 each — and they’re only offering this unique collectible for sale for the next two weeks. After that, the print run will be set in stone and no more orders will be taken.
For their high-end collectors, there is also a signed and traycased Deluxe Lettered Edition priced at $175, which they’re only selling for the next two weeks as well — or when the maximum of 52 copies are gone, whichever comes first! So Cemetery Dance might print anywhere from 1 copy to the maximum of 52!
About this Issue: In addition to a short story and a novel excerpt by Peter Straub, Cemetery Dance #61 will also include a novelette by Stewart O’Nan and Part One of “The Innocents at the Museum of Antiquities” by Douglas Clegg, along with “A Long Interview with Peter Straub” by Mathias Clasen and “The Peter Principles, Or Nearly Two Dozen Things You Need To Know About Peter Straub” by Hank Wagner.
Cover Artist: Alan M. Clark (painting his vision of a critical scene in Peter Straub A Dark Matter)
Interior Artists: Glenn Chadbourne, Russell Dickerson, Keith Minnion, Erin S. Wells, Hugh Voght
- “Monsters” a novelette by Stewart O’Nan
- “The Innocents at the Museum of Antiquities” by Douglas Clegg (part one of an original novella)
- “Variations on a Theme From Seinfeld” by Peter Straub
- “A Long Excerpt From A Dark Matter” by Peter Straub
- “Johnny” by Bruce McAllister
- “A Long Interview with Peter Straub” by Mathias Clasen
- “The Peter Principles, Or Nearly Two Dozen Things You Need To Know About Peter Straub” by Hank Wagner
- “A Dark Matter by Peter Straub Feature Review” by Bev Vincent
The Usual Suspects
- “Words from the Editor” by Richard Chizmar
- “The Mothers and Fathers Italian Association” by Thomas F. Monteleone
- “Stephen King News: From The Dead Zone” by Bev Vincent
- “MediaDrome” by Michael Marano
- “Editorial Perspectives” by Don D’Auria
- “The Last Ten Things I’ve Read” by Ellen Datlow
- “Spotlight on Publishing” by Robert Morrish
- “Fine Points” by Ed Gorman
- “Horror Drive-In” by Mark Sieber
- “Cemetery Dance Reviews” edited by Nanci Kalanta
- “The Final Question” by Brian Freeman (featuring Kealan Patrick Burke, Simon Clark, Ray Garton, Ed Gorman, Rick Hautala, Brian Keene, Jack Ketchum, Edward Lee, Elizabeth Massie, Norman Partridge, and Peter Straub)
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013