Untreed Reads is announcing an open call for short stories for their holiday season. Please note the following:
- The holidays they are interested in are Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and New Year’s. They are looking for Hanukkah and Kwanzaa stories in particular.
- Short stories may be in any genre (except religious, erotica, children’s or anything above a PG-13 romance), but must encompass one of the holidays listed above.
- The short stories will NOT be in an anthology, but rather published as stand-alone stories. All will receive our standard short story line covers.
- Previously published material is fine providing electronic rights have reverted to the author.
- Stories may not be shorter than 1500 words or longer than 5000.
- Deadline for Thanksgiving submissions is October 31, 2011. Christmas, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah is November 15th. New Year’s is November 30th. Submissions received after these dates will not be considered.
- For this call, Untreed Reads can only accept works where they can be granted worldwide English rights.
- This is an open call, and may be reposted and resubmitted everywhere.
All submissions should be sent to Jay Hartman, Editor-in-Chief, at [email protected]edreads.com. Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12pt and DOC format attachment. Submissions may NOT be submitted as either PDF or in the body of an email. Stories sent in that manner will not be considered. Please indicate the holiday in your subject line in the format: Holiday: Name Of Story.
Once Untreed Reads has selected their stories for the season, all authors will be notified as to the final status of their submitted manuscript.
For any questions regarding this call, please direct them to Jay Hartman at [email protected].