Butterfinger the 13th, the first comedy-horror film created and produced by one of America’s iconic candy brands, has premiered on Facebook for more than one million members of the Butterfinger fan page through Halloween.
The film’s director Rob Lowe, actor, producer, and New York Times best-selling author, peaked fans’ interest earlier this summer at San Diego’s popular comic book convention, where he promoted the movie and directed scenes for the film starring real Butterfinger fans.
“The tremendous response from fans wanting to be a part of Butterfinger the 13th has been wonderful,” said Lowe, who returns this fall in the next season of NBC’s hit show Parks and Recreation. “They’ve submitted more than 115 music scores, scenes of video, and movie posters for Butterfinger the 13th. I think a lot of people today are excited to be involved in new ways of telling stories through new media platforms.”
In addition to the film premiere on Facebook, Butterfinger the 13th also will appear on Crackle, the multi-platform video entertainment network by Sony Pictures Television, and FEARnet, the world’s premier destination for horror, thriller and suspense.
Now movie-goers and comedy-horror aficionados will have the opportunity to watch the frightening demise of the film’s characters unfold, and discover what really happened at the once-cheerful Camp Honey Badger. Viewers will embark on a perilous journey with the film’s heroine, whose paranoia leads her to believe that someone wants to lay a deadly finger on her … in more ways than one.
More information about Butterfinger the 13th is available at Facebook.com/Butterfinger.
- Limbus, Inc. Limited Edition Available For Preorder - February 14, 2013
- HWA 2012 Specialty Press Award Goes to Centipede Press - February 14, 2013
- Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas) - February 14, 2013
- The Vampires of Bloody Island - February 14, 2013
- Deep Cuts Anthology Honors Women In Horror - February 13, 2013
- The Demonologist: A Novel - February 13, 2013
- Dark Regions Press New Sponsor For Bram Stoker Awards® Weekend 2013 - February 13, 2013
- Chasm - February 13, 2013
- The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination - February 13, 2013
- Ghostman - February 12, 2013