Author Nate Southard and publisher Thunderstorm Books are marking the announcement of the new Southard collection Broken Skin with a contest. Those pre-ordering this signed, limited edition hardcover will have the chance to win a starring role in a short story that will appear in their copy of the book.
Once per week during the fiction collection’s six week pre-ordering period, Thunderstorm books will draw names from those who have reserved or pre-ordered a copy. The winner of each drawing will have a story written for them by Southard. Thunderstorm will have the story bound in their copy in one of six colors chosen by the author. The earlier you order, the more chances you have to win!
“For my first collection, I wanted to do something special,” says Southard. “With the hardcover’s print run based solely on the number of preorders, I wanted to encourage those who might be riding the fence to take a shot on Broken Skin. It’s a collection I put my heart and soul into, and I want to share it with as many readers as possible.”
Broken Skin’s fifteen stories include nine never-before-published tales, among them the brand new novella “Deeper Waters.” Brian Keene, author of Kill Whitey and Castaways, provides an introduction.
Broken Skin sports a cover price of $39 and can be reserved at Thunderstorm Books. Independent press booksellers such as Horror-mall, Camelot, Overlook Connection and JeffNJoys will also be carrying the title.
Reservations start on March 20th and end on May 1st. Broken Skin is scheduled to be released in July 2009.
- Pittsburgh Zombies Reclaim World Record - July 11, 2009
- Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards - July 10, 2009
- Damnation Books Announces Initial Titles - July 10, 2009
- The House of Lost Souls – Book Review - July 9, 2009
- Futile Flame Available - July 9, 2009
- Pocket Books Partners With Permuted Press - July 8, 2009
- Robert Dunbar – Featured Author - July 8, 2009
- Stages of Undress: The 3rd Collection – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- Apple of My Eye – Book Review - July 8, 2009
- The World More Full of Weeping Available For Pre-Order - July 7, 2009